Roman “cazzotto” bread, buffalo mozzarella and fried artichoke.
- 80g “cazzotto” type sandwich
- 80g of Bassiano ham cut into thin slices
- 1 Roman artichoke or other good quality artichoke
- 30g of fiordilatte mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon of white wine from the Roman castles or other wine
- extra virgin olive oil for frying
- extra virgin olive oil, salt, flour, a basil leaf
Clean the artichoke until reaching the heart, keeping even the most tender part of the stem. Cut the heart into 4 or 6 wedges and the stem into chunks. Heat extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan up to about 180 degrees. Flour the chunks and artichoke wedges and fry them in hot oil. Brown, then drain and add salt. Prepare an emulsion with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and a scant tablespoon of white wine. Add a finely chopped basil leaf and season the fried artichoke.
Cut the mozzarella into slices and let them drain for a few minutes.
Cut the sandwich in half and heat it slightly. At the base, place the mozzarella slices, lay the slices of Bassano ham on top and finish the sandwich with the parts of fried and seasoned artichoke.